Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Posted by jinson on 12:26 PM No comments


"Are we going to do a craft today?"  I hear this everyday from my 3 year old.  She loves to do all kinds of crafts.  Today being New Year's Eve, I was looking for a craft that would allow her to celebrate the coming year, even though she most certainly will not be awake to welcome it officially.  


These super easy New Year's crackers take only a couple of minutes, and you probably have the needed supplies laying around.  All you need is a paper towel tube, some tissue paper, a small toy or some candy, and some sort of ribbon, string, etc. If you are like me, you probably have tons of tissue paper leftover from Christmas (I always save mine for the craft closet). I also lucked out and found this great wire type string with stars on it in my Christmas decoration box.  

First, you cut the tissue paper pieces and the paper towel roll  in half. Then, you put the candy inside.


Roll the paper towel tube (with candy safely inside) up in the tissue paper, and tie off the ends.

You can decorate this anyway you want, and can even use wrapping paper instead of tissue paper.  Takes just a minute or so to find the supplies, and just a few more minutes for you and your little one to put it together.  If you are having a party tonight, you could even make up several of these for party favors!  


Do you and your kids do a lot of crafts?  What is your favorite one that you have done?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!