This pie is SO delicious! I made it for dinner tonight, and hubs gave it two thumbs ! Hubs rarely gives anything his full endorsement, so I decided this one should definitely go on the blog! It only takes about 30 minutes total to make, and is very easy.
1 pound ground beef
3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning (below) or 1 pouch commercial seasoning.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato, diced
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pat into pie pan ( preferably glass), sprinkle with a pinch of taco seasoning. Bake 7-10 minutes or until it just begins to brown.
3. In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain.
4. Add salsa and all remaining taco seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour into crust and top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with sour cream, lettuce and tomato.
Slice and Serve!
You could also top with some guacamole, or put a little ranch on top!
Below is the recipe for the homemade taco seasoning I used
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt