Thursday, January 9, 2014

Posted by jinson on 6:35 PM No comments


Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a packet of taco seasoning?  Do you know what all the ingredients actually ARE?  Me either!  That's why I set out on a quest to find the perfect homemade taco seasoning!  I wanted to know that there were no preservatives or 'extras' in what I was feeding my family.  This is the recipe I came up with.  



Any of the amounts may be adjusted to your liking.  To make a taco seasoning that you can thicken with water (like the directions on the seasoning packets, add 1 tsp corn starch!

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Makes 3 Tablespoons of mix, which equals the flavor of 1 pouch of commercial taco seasoning.  Salt and heat can be adjusted to your preference.



I use this for tacos, fajitas, and gorditas!  What is another kitchen staple you would like to learn how to make homemade?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love hearing from my readers!